“Bowling in a league is probably one the most enjoyable competitions around” says Roque Vela Jr of Jett Bowl North in Laredo, Texas. “You get to compete with friends or like minded groups and eat, drink, and laugh in comfortable fun environment.” You’ll want to do a few things first to get your league off the ground. Our friends at Jett Bowl North in Laredo have some tips on how to get started.
- Contact your local bowling center and find out what specific requirements they may have.
- Recruit 6 or more teams with at least 4 players. Teams may want to have additional players as alternates just in case a team member can’t come that week.
- Choose a date and time for league play.
- Give your League a catchy name. Have fun with it!
- Create a League Season. Most bowling centers will want you to bowl for at least 10 weeks.
- Ready, Set, Compete!
Some additional notes to keep in mind. Most bowling centers will provide record keeping services. If they don’t, be prepared to keep your match stats, team stats, and individual stats for weekly and league results reporting. Also, don’t forget to ask if your league members will get discounts or special pricing for practice games during the week.
Lastly, remember to make it easy, make it competitive, but above all make it fun. The pros at Jett Bowl North in Laredo, Texas suggest you set up smaller weekly competitions like best highest individual score, or high team score for the week. Roque Vela Jr with Jett Bowl North reminds us “Nothing revs up a league like weekly wins. Team members like winning something every week.”
So, there you have it. You can start your very own bowling league with just these simple tips. A big thank you to our friends at Jett Bowl North in Laredo, Texas. They have been hosting league play for decades. Remember to call you local bowling center and get your league off the ground. Bowl, Eat, Repeat!!